TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys im closing in on having the motor finished and ready to have installed in a month or so. just had a few small details to attend to. one being belt slip issues. belt slip doesnt really happen unless you're spinnin a blower at high boost levels or past its rpm range. in my case im going to pulley this thing for max boost after the inital break in period. from what ive researched the best remedy is converting to a 8 rib setup. more belt contact helps with belt slip issues. and especially with other kb owners ive spoke with at various sites they tend to agree if considering going to anything over 12-13lbs of boost you're going to have issues. also i'll supposedly have more boost control. and plus the added oh ahh factor of being an 8 ribbed. anyhow heres some pics. let me know what ya'll think.

group pic of crank, waterpump, alternator, tensioner, powersteering, and ac(which is a one of one)

crank pulley front(7.5inch)

crank pulley back(looks like a honda rotor alil bit)

crank pulley side

waterpump pulley front(4in due to larger crank had to reduce)

tensioner pulley front(3.25in)

powersteering pulley front(5in)

alternator pulley front(stock)

modified stock ac pulley front(stock)

ac pulley side(rusty cause i had to strip paint off, will be powdercoated instead)

i had side views of the othe pulleys but admin rules wont let you post no more than 10 pics per post. so if you wanna see the side views you'll have to go my cardomain page where i'll have them up. but thats what i got so far, i should have them powdercoated by weeks end, and will have more pics to post later.

·
Texas Chapter Director
5,173 Posts
Not sure what kind of tensioners you have but I know for the SC's MP makes stiffer springs for them. Some of the guys that are running boost over 18 use.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Not shiny enough.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Purdy stuff.

I think I need a new oven in my house......hmmmmmm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts