TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
So i want to do the 80mm maf but was wondering if these could be found in scrap yards. also what does it mean to put the transfer function on your eec/pcm/chip? here is a link to the article i read http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=106372
An even better choice would be the 80mm maf that came on mustangs starting in 2002. Part # YC2F-12B579-AA. Can be found on many cars from the same general era.

You need to purchase either a chip or an Xcal2/3 flash programmer to reprogram your car's computer to be able to run ANY maf meter that is not a stock unit. There is no kind of "learning" that the computer can do to "realize" a change of this magnitude. That's what it means in the article when it says that it is not just a hardware swap.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
My YC2F-12B579-BA came off a 2008 Ford F-150 with low miles.

Just saying, you can find those MAF's easier than just a 2002 Mustang - they were used on a lot of vehicles over the years.

No, I'm not sure of every vehicle they came on - sorry...

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,347 Posts
My YC2F-12B579-BA came off a 2008 Ford F-150 with low miles.

Just saying, you can find those MAF's easier than just a 2002 Mustang - they were used on a lot of vehicles over the years.

No, I'm not sure of every vehicle they came on - sorry...
Mustang guys who "upgrade" practically give them away though. I got my intake tube, MAF and airbox for $20 shipped and I still see deals like that pop up on forums or craigslist from time to time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts