TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: Ok well i picked up this mighty nice 87TC only problem is it is running like crap. I was told by the guy, that he took it to the dealership and they told him it needed a TFI, well i replaced it, along with a dist. just in case the gears were shot. But it did nothing, it had codes for a vam so i replaced it, got rid of the codes but still run awful. Compression is good and almost exactly the same on all four cylinders, fuel pressure is at 35, cam timing is dead on, spark timing is 10 btdc, i also replaced the tps and is set at .9v. Its running extremely rich and i can't understand why, i can drive it back and forth to work but it has no power and takes a while to get up to speed. I am completely stumped as to why its running so poorly, my last thoughts are either ECM or Cat? Please anyone suggestions, i need help!

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
Carefully inspect the flexible rubber air intake hose for a leak. The heat of the Turblo wrecks havoc on the rubber & plastic stuff. Also, Keep an eye out for used ABS modules, they tend to fail and can be a bit pricy.

Good luck,

-Scott

·
Registered
275 Posts
Rich

If its running real rich , could be the turbo is bad, can you take it out for a drive and see if there is any boost at all . Plug wires right ?/ just trying to help . DW

1 - 3 of 3 Posts