TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,844 Posts
A more important question would be: what's up with the 69th Avenue sign, lol! What about the confused drivers between 68th and 70th Avenues?

Al

· Premium Member
1997 Thunderbird LX Sport
246 Posts
Welcome! Nice lookin bird!

I do not know what it would take to make those fit/ work. I imagine the power plugs from your current seats could be retrofitted to the new 1988 seats, thats the easy part. Getting the 1988 seats to bolt in is going to be the tricky part. The seats do look good for 1988 seats.

Seat Swap

· Super Moderator
97 Thunderbird 4.6, 98 Mark VIII LSC
12,487 Posts
The 88 T-bird was Fox platform, completely different than the MN12 of the 96.

If it's to be made to work, your best bet would be to find a way to adapt the seat tracks for the MN12 to bolt up to the seats from the Fox.

· Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
23,912 Posts
Yeah they’re not even close to a direct fit, you’ll need to modify the stock tracks and seats to mate together but it’s possible. IIRC @Dusty used 01 Cobra seats in his bird, same process should apply given they’re fit for a Fox/SN95 floorpan.

Keep in mind too MN12 tracks are wider than the fox tracks, so when the seats are retrofitted to them they may be more unsightly visible if that matters

· Registered
915 Posts
Do you have the connectors from the donor vehicle? If so, cut and splice the donor connector into the factory wiring on the drivers side. You'll have to run new wired to the passenger side. Make sure the size of the wires are large enough and fused correctly.
I added a power drivers seat to one of my Explorers, ran wire from the battery through the firewall to the seat. Fused near the battery. If I remember correctly it was a 30A fuse... I know these motors take alot of juice, but as I type that it seems large.

You might be able to splice wires into the drivers side and run power to the pass side. Just pay attention to wire size and fuse.

· Registered
2 Posts
I was the original owner of a 1996 Thunderbird purchased new. I added a power seat on the passenger side since they were available on earlier T-birds. I found that the wiring harness was under the passenger side carpet and all I had to do was plug in the power seat harness to the under carpet harness.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts