TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the chance to pick up an 88 T/C that has "brake issues". This is the seller's description of the problem.

"The car does not have any brakes because of the master cylinder being bad. The ABS and BRAKE light are on and stay on. So my guess that there is something wrong with the ABS part of the master cylinder. It also needs a CAT. "

Could the master cylinder be triggering the ABS light? Also, how much is the master cylinder for one of these cars? Is this the same style as is on the Super Coupes with the accumulator and so forth?
The car also needs door panels and a paint job, but it's not beyond repair. I'm just trying to get an idea of how much it's going to cost to get this car mechanically sound again with the brake system and so forth.
Any input and help would be greatly appreciated. Also, an idea of how much this car might be worth would be helpful as well.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a master cylinder from another turbo coupe it was an 88 and it has the lines cut underneath so it should be in good shape. It is complete and was working when i took it off the 88 turbo. SO if you need one let me know

Ken

Lowrdrbird(at)yahoo(dot)com

·
Registered
37 Posts
First off, 90 percent of the time the symptoms you describe are caused by a bad abs relay. Door panels arent that hard to find in decent shape, and since it needs a paint job, you can go with whatever color you want. Make a cradle out of 2X4s to hold the door, because those things are a compleat heavey Biatch once they are off. Re-man or new MC are VERY expensive, but they rarely "go out". I would spend the 20 bucks on a relay, and go from there. Any fluid leaks? Do you by chance have any pics?

·
Registered
14 Posts
check out the parts forsale for the doors i know i have to forsale for an 88 and there might even be some closer to you. since the big thing with mine will be the cost of shipping them.:cool: but i agree with the abs i would try replacing the sensors

1 - 4 of 4 Posts