TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://pensacola.craigslist.org/pts/3569832435.html

88 t-bird turbo coupe motor/trans - $800 (navarre)
I recently pulled the 2.3 turbo motor and wc t5 manual trans out of an 88 ford thunderbird turbo coupe. It is complete with all accessories and brackets still bolted on. This combo comes with the complete underhood wiring harness and has the factory computer and airflow meter. Factory intercooler is also included, but i have other front mounts for higher performance if needed. The mileage was shown to be 88,246, but the wire was broken off the sending unit on the tailhousing, so i can not guarantee it. This is a very good swap for many smaller and lighter weight vehicles. The price is firm, and with this much stuff, i feel like it is reasonable. Any questions ??? call 850-936-4699 no emails, i am way too slow.....
Just passing this along. This guy is buying my dad's Fairmont and seems like a legit guy.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Q: Why do these engines have such a following?

Can they sustain crazy amounts of boost?
Looking on google, the 2.3L engine made 150HP/200TQ. That doesn't seem much for a 3400LB car..
-g

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you're asking me, I do not know. Just passing along an opportunity. ;)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Q: Why do these engines have such a following?

Can they sustain crazy amounts of boost?
Looking on google, the 2.3L engine made 150HP/200TQ. That doesn't seem much for a 3400LB car..
-g
Thats the correct figure for a nonintercooled motor. With the crappy top mount intercooler, they made 200hp. You change up to a nice front mount and crank up the boost, you've got 300. Now add a cam, injectors, log manifold, ported intake, and you are in the 400 range. Add a bigger turbo, like an HX35 and you are way passed 400. So yeah, they can make power, and handle boost. I ran 22lbs on mine.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Sorry, double post. But if you want to see some crazy 2.3s check out boport.com and stinger-performance.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts