TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone, looking for some ideas, took out some standard plugs and popped in the platinums, now w/ boost it stumbles, pings surges, you name it, ran fine with the regular plugs, make sense to any one or am i crazy?

·
Registered
431 Posts
IIRC you have to remove the intercooler tubes to change the plugs on an SC, so how well did you reseal them? Boost leaks would cause those types of problems.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for helping guys, everything is sealed up, as for the plugs they were pre-gapped and i was under the impression that you should not mess w/ the gap on platinum plugs i pulled 3 of the 6 and they look good. i just got back from a drve here are the exact symptoms

cold start ok

hot start takes about 15 secs to fire

drives ok with no boost

the more boost the worse it gets

wot total bog down

maybe spark blow out, anyone think it may be fuel, dirty mass air sensor???

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SplitPortBird said:
Sounds like the spark gap is too big and causing spark blowout. maybe time for a better coil and check those gaps

coil and control module are new, as are most of the sensors, symptoms were the same before they were changed

·
Registered
718 Posts
whats odd is the 15sec to restart when warm, sounds like a leaking FP regulator.

spark plugs do not arrived pre gapped. you said you check em for gap or just look?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SplitPortBird said:
whats odd is the 15sec to restart when warm, sounds like a leaking FP regulator.

spark plugs do not arrived pre gapped. you said you check em for gap or just look?

did not check gap just for good burn on plug what is gap for this car?

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
not all platinums come pre-gapped, check the box they came in, it will tell you.
-Thomas

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thomas said:
not all platinums come pre-gapped, check the box they came in, it will tell you.
-Thomas

dont really know why i listened to the guy, it says on the box to properly gap first:bangwall:

·
Registered
718 Posts
I had huge probs on my Mustang with a vortech,, mind you I was pushing 590+HP with the stock ignition (yes its possible) BUT I had to gap the plugs down to .29 and was running 15lbs boost.

if i tried .32 on the plugs it wouldnt move under boost.

your, hard start problem doesnt suggest plug gap though.

Brad

1 - 13 of 13 Posts