TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a radiator trank failure on my 89 Tbird w/auto trans.

One of the cooler lines had frozen and I messed it up removing the fitting from the cooler. I was thinking it was a standard flare fitting and would be an easy fix. Once I got the pieces removed from the radiator I see it is some other type of fitting.

Napa has a fitting NAPA AUTO PARTS that looks like it will work but it is hose barb to the fitting.

Can I use this and a piece of hose or is there a better solution?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,619 Posts
Well the better solution is delete that failure prone heat exchanger in the rad and install a stand-alone external trans cooler, but short of that, yes the fitting with a piece of rubber hose will be fine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Knock on wood I haven't had any problems with the in radiator cooler. Just had that DA&& line sieze up and turn into a pretzl during removal. Made a hour job on a half way warm day turn into a multiple day job with cold weather coming.

·
Super Moderator
7,619 Posts
I know how that goes. Whenever I am taking those lines out now, I watch to see if they are breaking loose or not. If they look like they are going to twist the lines, I just cut them in a flat spot and re-connect them with some rubber hose and hose clamps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts