TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if it is possible to replace the 89 Tbird hood, head-lights, and front bumper with 97 parts from a Tbird. And if so, would the lines match up? Thanks

·
Only you can prevent modular fires
1,446 Posts
Yes, as long as you do the complete front swap they will line up the side moldings are slightly different but you can use the 96-97 ones also. The front just requires Hood, Headerpanel, bumper cover, splash guard, and headlights/marker lights

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
he'll need the 96-97 bumper foam too.

perhaps he can make the inner side of the headlamp froma parking light to a headlight....that way he doesn't have to mess with wiring...

·
Registered
286 Posts
costs?

Not sure on how much doing the whole swap would be... but wouldn't cost almost just as much as buying a 97 and selling your car? Unless you get lucky and find them all the same color as your car.

·
Registered
107 Posts
This is all realative to what you pay for the 1997. I am currently doing a 1991 to 1997 conversion. I got the 1997 for $50. It had been in an accident. A bad one. But other than one side molding, and the whole drivers side behind the door is pushed in a foot, everything else is mint. I figure it will all work, just some effort. Now if you were to spend hundreds of dollars I would say save you pennies and buy a 1996/97 but if you can find a killer deal, scoop it, swap it and make he look all purdy like.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
You can do the swap less than 1k if you buy tha parts used.. I can help you get the parts if you are ever interested in doing the swap.. Let me know... Good Luck...

Israel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts