TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was runnin the car hard and it started losing power i got home car died wouldnt start likeno compression i could keep it started by feathering gas pedal but it wouldnt idol so i stared it up this morning and it fired up but sounded kind of weird but any advice please

·
Super Moderator
5,022 Posts
Vacuum leaks.

Since it's a 3.8SC, an automatic assumption is "blown head gasket".

Time to start doing basic troubleshooting before you start asking "What's wrong?"

I suggest grabbing the Ford Service Manual that you should have, and starting to troubleshoot the problem(s).

And something else - what has been done to it recently? Plugs? Wires? Coil pack? How old are the vacuum hoses? Etc.etc.

RwP

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Compression test is fairly easy to do and will give you some answers. And check the condition of your fluids, of course!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no compression

well fluid is fine its a well maintained vehicle replaced some hoses full tune up at the shop new alternator had a diagnostic ran and said i had a vacuum leak but could not find it and it didnt act like it either but i have no psi boost when i hit the gas the car ran the next day dont not right after this prob i do have a spare supercharger setup for this and was gonna instal it and see if that fixed the problem

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
Since it wasn't mentioned, I'd check the harmonic balancer. Although after trying to read you're second post - I don't think the balancer is the problem. Especially if you were able to drive it the next day. When the balancer broke on the 94, it would barely run.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Car is dead

So it was a compression problem at first so i started the car up to see if i could identify the vac leak on the supercharger so after it warmed i rev it a up a little to see what the sound wasand the car died cranked it agaun and it died immediately tried to crank it nothing kept tryin and the naterry started to smoke i am lost with wats happening ot seems like total faluire with the engine

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
IDK how you would lose compression that fast unless it overheated or something. Sounds like you have a few issues going on.

On the boost, that could be on your ignition system - or a vac / boost leak, it wouldnt be from the supercharger itself, more likely the IC tubes leaking.

Starts and dies .. I could check for codes to see if anything is funny, could be a Cam position sensor, ignition module, etc.

A lot more information on these supercharged cars is available on the SCCOA website.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts