TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i been reading the posts on running 4g. power wire. I've been running 8g. wire to my 2 800w Fosgate amps for a year now and I don't feel like they're lagging. I know I should be using 4g. but I just want to know if I were to switch over, would I actually hear a difference?
I got matching subs, RF HX2 12's so I don't know if it will make it play any lower.

Is anyone running 4g. on these amps? The power terminals on them only accept 8g. If so, what did you do, strip off some of the wire to fit in the 8g. hole?

·
Registered
60 Posts
bagged90SC said:
ok, i been reading the posts on running 4g. power wire. I've been running 8g. wire to my 2 800w Fosgate amps for a year now and I don't feel like they're lagging. I know I should be using 4g. but I just want to know if I were to switch over, would I actually hear a difference?
I got matching subs, RF HX2 12's so I don't know if it will make it play any lower.

Is anyone running 4g. on these amps? The power terminals on them only accept 8g. If so, what did you do, strip off some of the wire to fit in the 8g. hole?
I would say to run the 4 gauge into a distribution block and then run 8 gauge from there to the amps. If you have two amps that are 800 watts rms, then yes I would say it will make a big difference.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
ok, your running 2 fosgate 800w rms amps, That's 1600 watts rms. You should skip right over the 4g and go with 2g into a distribution block, then run 4 guage to the amps, Monster cable makes a reducer for running 4g wire down to a connector that only accepts 8g. You should notice a big difference

1 - 5 of 5 Posts