TCCoA Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
As long as Michael Moore has nothing to do with it...

·
Registered
653 Posts
lightevergreenfrost said:
too many people are starting to forget.

I don't think it's as much forgetting as it is trying to move on. Besides, we obviously can't forget it with so many country singers and the president bringing it up all the time for attention or money. That's how I feel about it, anyway.

·
Banned
445 Posts
Personnaly I will never forget that date but we don't dwell on it either in our house. It happens to be my son's birthday (celebrated his 2nd b-day when it happened). I don't his birthday overshadowed by the events of that day. Like I said it's not something I'll ever forget but the images on TV were horrid enough I don't think it needs to be relived through a movie over and over again. Just bad taste and a way to make a buck.

Just my .02 cents.....

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Rally said:
I don't think it's as much forgetting as it is trying to move on.
I agree. I think the media overdid everything about it for so long, we all just want to put it behind us. Not forget, just heal and get on with our lives.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
but they were each done fifty years or more later after the fact, it's way too soon to rip open the scars that haven't yet healed, maybe in at least 20 years or more. then it'll be okay, and i agree it's a bad way to make a buck. and micheal more better stay well away from this one.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Think of all the families that are trying to rebuild and move on from that day. It needs to be remembered but not paraded around in front of them constantly.
Trust me, people have not forgotten. I know I don't need a movie to help me there. I would probably boycott a movie since it would most certainly not be made for the proper reasons.
Now, if all of the proceeds went to the families that lost loved ones that day and to families who lost loved ones in the fighting since then, that would be another story altogether. But a Hollywood movie... Sorry, but no.
Darrin

·
Registered
433 Posts
Tookie Williams was practically unknown until they made a movie about him. Now he's just anutha famous gangsta. Too bad he'll be dead in an hour. Our media focuses on WAAAAAYY too much bad shight in the world. But, positive, helpful, educational programs are boring. Who want's to learn things when they can watch riots, murders, and gangfights on television. Or, better yet we can turn on the good ole' PS2 and do it ourselves. I say make the movie, and make some money. Cash drives most of us to do the things we do. I don't think our country could be any more corrupt anyway. Unless it were ran by a cross-eyed retard... Oh wait... Overall I am patriotic. My family, and my two best friends are in the military. In the end they're gonna make the movie whether or not it pisses people off. Even the people who vote against it will probably watch it, and make producers more money. And in the end that's all they care about.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
War was declared on US that day. Then, when we take "the war" to the individuals responsable, we are protested. Even If we irradicate those who conceived the attack, there are too many others who are "brain washed" into beliefing that we are an enemy (suicide bombers for one). People need to be educated, not reminded. Then maybe some will understand why it is so important to stand and protect our country. Remember, what you see and here from the media "Is not" taking place on our immediate soil. That should say something about how well we really are protected. We may not like all the laws and government, But I for one would not want to live any where else.

·
Registered
132 Posts
jesusraybrown said:
Tookie Williams was practically unknown until they made a movie about him. Now he's just anutha famous gangsta. Too bad he'll be dead in an hour. Our media focuses on WAAAAAYY too much bad shight in the world. But, positive, helpful, educational programs are boring. Who want's to learn things when they can watch riots, murders, and gangfights on television. Or, better yet we can turn on the good ole' PS2 and do it ourselves. I say make the movie, and make some money. Cash drives most of us to do the things we do. I don't think our country could be any more corrupt anyway. Unless it were ran by a cross-eyed retard... Oh wait... Overall I am patriotic. My family, and my two best friends are in the military. In the end they're gonna make the movie whether or not it pisses people off. Even the people who vote against it will probably watch it, and make producers more money. And in the end that's all they care about.
not unless you make a dvd-r.... :D :D :D

jk :eek:

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
close this sh!t too

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.