TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building a Monster v8 Mazda Miata and need some rear suspension parts.
I have been told by others making the V8 swap that the 90 - 96 Tbird.Cougar rear suspension is the way to go.
Do any of you guys know where I can get to a website for some pics and info on the REAR sus and diff for one of these cars ?

Thanks

[email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes

Go to V8miata.com and check it out. They put a 302 and a 5 speed with the IRS . cool package Do you know of any websites with pictures of the IRS ?

·
Registered
195 Posts
hmm when you do it I wanna see it!!

check on ebay, they had a complete MARK VIII IRS setup on there with some good pictures of the assembly put together. (The same IRS in the tbirds and cougies).

·
Registered
207 Posts
You might wanna check out mn12performance.com's technical article on strengthening the IRS subframe. It's got alot of really good pictures and a few good technical drawings of the tbird/cougar/markVII IRS. I would suggest going with a Mark VIII IRS since its got aluminum lower control arms and is slightly lighter. If you get one out of a tbird or cougar make sure it came out of a V8 or SC car so that you get the 8.8" differential. They should have a tag that indicates what size diff is.

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Do you mean 89-97? Them were the years of the MN12.

If you go into the Exhaust Gallery , there are a bunch of 'under the car shots'. I will try and find some nice clear pics for you if I can!

That V8 Miata is pretty neat though (lotsa Ford parts :D) , had to be a lot of work too!

And definatly read/look through that link that tweeeka gave you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts