TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cars been making alot of noise up front got it inspected was told lower baller joint and both front wheel bearings are bad.

Thing is I cannot find anywhere with front bearings for sale. If anyone could point me in the direction of front bearings and a possibly a full front suspenion kit(upper and lower ball joints, sway bar, tie rods etc.) thatd be great.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I looked at autozone site, they can get all of the parts you need. Most of your local auto parts stores should be able to order this stuff.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
replace

Hello

You need to replace the Lower Control arm(ball joint)
& front hub. Make sure you get parts for the 1990.
Later parts differ.
Also get new strut rod bushings, at the lower arm.

:wavey:

·
Super Moderator
4,924 Posts
Cars been making alot of noise up front got it inspected was told lower baller joint and both front wheel bearings are bad.

Thing is I cannot find anywhere with front bearings for sale. If anyone could point me in the direction of front bearings and a possibly a full front suspenion kit(upper and lower ball joints, sway bar, tie rods etc.) thatd be great.
In addition, RockAuto has all of it - HOWEVER! The front is not just a bearing, but a hub assembly (may be why you're not finding the bearings.)

If you order from RockAuto three things:

1) Moog or Motorcraft ONLY for the parts.

2) Get the bushings for the strut rod ONLY from the Ford dealer.

3) Do NOT cheap out.

Repeat, do NOT cheap out!

Let me repeat that - rather than cheap out, sell the car, buy a revolver, load it with five bullets, and play Russian Roulette. It's cheaper and less likely to hurt someone else when it goes all pear shaped.

Did I mention, don't cheap out? :diablo:

Let's see, for a 1990, I can pull this up at RockAuto before the discount:

(Moog except for the front hubs - those are National, although you can also buy Timkens, albeit at about 2x the price each - plus Moog rear bushings for the strut rods, need the Ford bushings, search for the numbers - about $42 here including tax - but you'll need to reuse the old ferrules and washers) : List from RockAuto - all but front strut rod bushings

I'd highly suggest considering getting a set of front spindles, calipers, and rotors from the boneyard and swapping those for core against a set of reman or new calipers and/or rotors - ideally from a Mark VIII or a Gen 2 MN12 (you want the one with the bracket for the caliper) so that you can upgrade the brakes now also. As a secondary suggestion, if you do that, the sway bar end link part number changes to K8635 - which is also on that list, so you have it handy. Note: If you DON'T, then get the K8633, not the K8635 - you don't get both, it just depends on which spindle you have. Also, I'd get extra spindle nuts - those can be used on the back, but the back ones don't work on the front properly.

RwP

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alrite thanks i did check at local autozoo and they had them im going to shop around and see if i can find the front wheel hubs not bearing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts