TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine told me that on his '89 XR7(3.8 SC) there was a 90 degree bend after the first 2 cats. He has a different exhaust setup, but similiar. Is this true for our cars? If so, I'm going to get rid of it. That seems REALLY restrictive. I no longer have emissions, so I really don't have anything to worry about.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
yup well ibelieve its a bit different on the SCs and XR-7......regardless, on our newer cars, its close enough to a 90 bend to merit removal.......hell the entire thing is restrictive.....most shops will fab up a custom exhaust w/o mufflers for $200 or so........my shop is charging me $180 if i bring in my own mufflers, so its pretty good deal to free up some high-RPM ponies

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
i beleive it was in 92 that the exhaust changed. 89-92 have a sharp bend right in front of the gas tank and the exhaust sort of runs down the driverside of the car. in 93 when they changed the gas tank the exhaust got a more direct route to the rear of the car. you cant run true duals on 89-92's without switching to the newer gas tank.

Frank

1 - 3 of 3 Posts