I have been slaving away the last two weeks to resurrect my '90 Bird. The new fuel sending unit arrived yesterday to replace the crusty one that was in the tank. Here's where I'm at.
- Turning the key to run will not trigger the fuel pump.
- I can manually run the pump by applying 12V and ground to the tank harness via a battery charger. That works.
- I physically removed the inertia switch and verified it with a multimeter. It works and is reset.
- All fuses in the car have been inspected and are good.
- With the trunk lid open, I can hear the fuel pump relay click back there. Seems to be working.
- Per the shop manual, grounding the FP terminal in the EEC test connector and turning the key to run yields no results.