TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on switching my 90 from MAP to MAF in the future to take advantage of my mods. Ive started looking into what it will take ect....

Yesterday while trying to figure out a way to get my TB to work correctly I noticed that next to the airbox, tucked up against the wall, it looks like Ford has left me the wiring for a MAF. :confused:

So now Im confused. What is this wiriing for? No way a MAF is a plug and play so why is this here and what is it for?

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
does the wiring harness go to the eec? Maybe it's as simple as swapping eec's and sticking a maf in there then. If thats so, then rock on.
-Thomas

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope.

Not a MAF connection. So what will I need to swap this over to a MAF car? EEC and MAF obviously.

New wiring harness?

After that Im a little lost. Ive never dealt with wiring or computer changes. If anyone has any good information they can offer I would appreciate it greatly.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I think you just need a 92-95 EEC-IV computer and run the extra 4 wires into the appropriate spots on the EEC connector.

·
8,978 Posts
rancherlee said:
I think you just need a 92-95 EEC-IV computer and run the extra 4 wires into the appropriate spots on the EEC connector.
Wouldn't that be 89-93 eec, since the 94-95's were 4r70w? I guess technically it would work, but the computer would freak out and throw a light when it notices it has no tranny.
-Thomas

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
Thomas said:
Wouldn't that be 89-93 eec, since the 94-95's were 4r70w? I guess technically it would work, but the computer would freak out and throw a light when it notices it has no tranny.
-Thomas
ACTUALLY, you'd probably want to use a 91-93 3.8L N/A EEC, since the 89-90 3.8L N/A's didn't have a MAF.

:xpp:

-Rod

·
8,978 Posts
oh yeah, thats a typo. 91-93

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So just run them directly to the block the PCM bolts onto? I really hope this isnt harder than it needs to be.

You still have that stuff for sale ranch? :)

Anyone have a diagram of the two that I can compare? 90 3.8 and 91-93 3.8. I want to make sure Im not going to have to repin anything else.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts