TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a lock lug key to borrow or buy, since my idiot brother lost mine. The lug has 6 indentations on it, 3 on one side of the lug, 3 on the other, with the middle of the 3 closer to the rightmost of the 3 indentations for each side. No pix--camera's dead. Please let me know if you can help. Thanx!

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
If you go to a tire shop they have a tool to take them off with. Some have had luck with pounding a socket over the outside.

-Miller

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, I'm taking the car in on Wednesday for other stuff & can have them taken off then...I was just hoping to be able to not have the lock lugs destroyed in the process of getting them off.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
goto a dealer, with 4 extra lug nuts. Ask the service guys to borrow their set for a couple minutes, take off the locking nuts, put on your spares, toss the service guy a $10 and call it a day.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually I was just at the dealer yesterday afternoon. The guy there not only didn't have the right tool for it, but also said he's never seen a lock lug like it. I seriously doubt it's aftermarket since my cougar and my friend's cougar came with the same lugs as the SC.

·
Registered
871 Posts
"All it takes is a 12pt socket slightly smaller than the lock and a hammer" - But you destroy the locks ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts