TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the car runs like a champ, I have this issue that makes the car completely undriveable. The Teves Mrk II system does not work. And I am at a total lose for what to do, where to send it, or if there is a conversion kit that will work with the low vacuum from the super charger. Issue is the pedal is very stiff, and there is a leak running down the fire wall. I have already removed it form the car, easier then expected. But I am ready to have this car back on the road.

·
Super Moderator
7,526 Posts
There are a number of options. A good used teves unit would be the easiest option, as it will bolt right in. If you want it rebuilt, a1 cardone rebuilds them, but I don’t know how much or what the turnaround time is. A vacuum conversion is the cheapest way out, by using a non-abs 89-92 Tbird booster and a crown Vic master cylinder, but I forget what year crown Vic you need one for. The vacuum setup will work just fine with the supercharger, but that conversion will eliminate the abs. Another option is a hydroboost setup, which will also eliminate abs, but will maintain a similar brake feel to the original teves setup. The last option, if losing abs is not acceptable, would be to convert everything over to the 93-97 abs setup, which uses a conventional vacuum booster, with a separate abs unit mounted behind the front of the left fender, but that option would require basically running all new brake lines, and all new wiring for the abs computer.

·
Super Moderator
17,037 Posts
A 93-97 setup mounts totally differently, the firewall stamping was revised for 93 and the boosters mount differently, with a different hole pattern. The most direct way to convert to a conventional booster and have ABS on a 89-92 is a solution I don’t think anyone has done, and that would be to use a 94-98 Mustang setup. It’s three channel like Teves II so you wouldn’t have to completely redo the lines, and works without a reservoir return line like the 93-97s Teves IV system uses. Wiring would still be a bear though, and neither system really isn’t worth the effort.

The Crown Vic master works but you’ll need a proportioning valve from one as well in order for the lines to work, and it’s a junkyard only item that is getting harder to find. Instead the 4 port A1cardone master cylinder WITHOUT proportioning valves for a 89-92 Tbird on rockauto will plug and play with the stock lines after some careful rerouting, and just plug the fourth port.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would like to keep the car as original as possible. But how hard would it be to have the Teves II rebuilt? and where would I send it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts