TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello a guy here at work is willing to give me a 1990 or it's a 1991 T-bird with a
v6. He thinks he blew the motor. Anyways it has a bad front end, I don't know what the rust issue is on it. I never looked it over good. But is there much that will swap over to my 1994 T-bird? Stuff like the trunk lid, lights, any drive line except the motor of course. I am trying to figure f it is worth me geeting it or letting him send it to the yard. I am going to try to look at it today. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Rockers

Hello

Check for rust in the rockers. They rust out. I had a guy give me a car & all of the bottom was rotted out. Even the mounts to the Rear K. So crawl under & look under the doors & behind the doors(Quarter's) + the trunk's bottom(sides).

Whats wrong with your 94? You would have the better Transmission, A 4R70W.

The 94 has the better Nose(air flow) also. The 90 might have better sway bars?

Paul

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is nothing wrong with my 94. I am just looking to use the 90 as a parts car then I might try to demo-derby the car. I have an extra 3.8 at home thats carbed. would it be hard to put a carbed motor in this car? I see you circle track yous with a carbed 351w. I am sure I could figure it out. Thanks for any help. I was tould the interior is probably shot.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
if teh 90 was a sc, better sway bars. i think some of the interior plastic is transferrable, fenders, the header panel is worth something if you part it. misc. 3.8 parts.... and ps, can i buy the vent plug tree from the blown 3.8? you have to disassemble it from inside the thermostat housing, but i would buy it from you, as mine is leaking. i dont need the temp sensor, just the tree and vent plug.

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
If the body is good on the older TBird, the parts will swap onto yours. Exceptions will be the hood and trunklid. The trunklid needs to be from a 92 newer to match your 94. There was a bit of a change in the taillights for the 92 model year. The reflectors do not meet on the 92+ cars like they did in the middle of the trunk on the 89-91 cars. Also the tailights on the older car is rather plain( straight vertical ) compared to the newer style( curved style ). There was a bit of a facelift in 94, so the hoods won't match either.

94 saw a major change in the interior. The only thing that will swap over easily is the seats. The door panels, dash are different and will not match the newer interior if you attempt to mix and match interiors.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I got the car. It runs but not well. It ran very hot !!!! It didn't want to keep running. It just needed a battery. The interior is trashed, and it will make a good demo car. I hope I can get it running better.

sinhumane, If you still need that part I will send it to you. I will let you know what I am going to do with the motor. I don't know if that part is still good. Like I said it read Hot but yet It wasn't smoking ect, from a 20 min drive while it read hot. I will further investagate it next week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.