TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off,

Hello from a new member.

Here's my problem. I've got a 90 3.8 n/a with high the famous high idle problem.

I just picked up this car and I'm getting it ready for daily use, So I did an oil change, new plugs/wires/cap and rotor, and a new coil.

it was running really rough when I picked it up, that's why i decided to do all the maint. that I've done so far.

I even pulled the EGR and the IAC and cleaned them as well as the upper plenum.

When I finished the upper plenum I painted it and put it back on the car and used new gaskets for everything.

when I started the car, it still idled rough...blew black smoke horrible and fouled my new plugs...multiple cursewords and a beer or two later, my friend comes in and tells me the MAP sensor vacuum line is not connected.

I go and look, sure enough it's not connected, and there's nowhere to connect it.

ARGH!!! Well I go to NAPA and get a "T" and cut the top vacuum line on the intake and fit the "T" in between the cut line and the MAP sensor. I put the cleaned up plugs back in the car, replaced the wires and fired it up.

Much smoother running and no black smoke, it just idles really high. I unplugged the IAC, no change, I unplugged the TPS and it made no difference.

I'm at a lose :confused:

Any Ideas guys??

Any help would REALLY be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'd check for vacuum leaks at every line you can think of, first off. i'd also check any adjustment screws your car may have in the intake air system to make sure they're not responsible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts