TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible and would it work? I want to put some almost new silverstar bulbs from my explorer 9004 bulb into my cat that is 9007 can I cut a tab or something? and would the electrical socket work?

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
I wouldn't do it....just buy some 9007 Silverstars...I know they're costly, but that's what I would do. You don't want to melt a harness, wires, or start a fire or pop bulbs/fuses and have no headlights all the sudden on a dark, twisty, country road with cliff on each side....something to think about.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Socket will work, but the wires are connected to different tabs on the bulb,, would require rewiring the socket..

·
Street Freekz
754 Posts
I wouldn't do it......just buy a set of 9007 Silverstarts and put in Coug.......they're costly but worth it to me. Just my .02

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
midnite93 said:
Socket will work, but the wires are connected to different tabs on the bulb,, would require rewiring the socket..
they will work, but you will loose your high beams i believe and it should be dim compared to our wiring. i knew someone that put 9004's in his dai****zu which needed 9007 and yea it worked but not very well. jus invest in some 9007's

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah I guess I will do that then just, figured before I spent $40 on bulbs that I would give it a shot.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
88pimpin said:
I think Wal-Mart has SilverStars. Wal-Mart is destroying the little businesses, so nobody should feel bad for them. Plus, the employees don't give a rip.
who needs walmart (while they have the cheapest **** around and the best white trash chicks to look at :eek: ) the military base near me blows walmarts prices out of the water and they dont charge tax (only problem is I have to go with my friend that was in the service)

not to mention the bagging girls on base are Very nice to look at

can you say off topic ....

anywho wish if you want to chill later hit me up on my cell phone we can def hang or maybe go to one of the car shows

1 - 9 of 9 Posts