TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the air silencer on my 91 (base model almost) and it's different from that air silencer that shows up in the diagrams. It goes under the airbox and comes out the front with a cone shaped intake. are all 91's the same?

Also, to remove the side mudguard... do those plastic push-things break when removed or are they re-useable?

D

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
The push in things are reusable. Put in the pins after installing the big sleeves. Yeah your airbox sound slike my old school '92 Cougar LS box. It was different from my '94 v-8.
-Rob

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would guess all the 3.8's are the same. I went about the air silencer removal a little different though. I pulled the lower air box(with the silencer) out. I pulled the cone shaped silencer out and also the tubing behind it. Then used specialty tool # "hack saw" to saw the front of that lower box off. I don't get that sound that everyone talks about getting after removing the cone silencer. I do get the air the engine needs though.:D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was hoping to use that cone inside it you're talking about to build a cold air ram, but my one big doubt is what happens when it rains? I don't think I want water on the air filter, how much water does an engine suck up from road mist when normally equipped, anyone know?

D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts