TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last couple of weeks my car hasn't been starting on a regular basis. First it was every once in a while, but now it does it everytime i drive. It happens in the morning when its cold, and when i have been driving for a while and after making a quick stop doesn't want to start up again. it cranks like it wants to start but it doesn't. now i sat out in the morning for 10 min. and continually cranked the car and it started, then 1 hr later didn't start. got it towed to the shop, got it of the truck and started right up. At the shop it always started, then i got it home and it wouldn't start.

This was sort of a probably about 6 months ago, but my head gaskets blew and got it replaced and haven't had the problem until now.My car is at the shop again and they say that can't work on it till it doesn't start again to see what the problem is. so if anybody has any advice please let me know, i will try to get my car home and please let me know if it something i should do or it more inline for a mechanic, i have very little car knowledge. Thanks

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Maybe the fuel pump is giving up and once it runs for a while and you go to re-start it isn't delivering the right pressure (or any). When it doesn't start, do you hear the pump run for a few seconds when you turn the key to the start position?

Jay

·
Registered
397 Posts
FordMan77 said:
These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

Jay

:cool:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it makes a like a buzzing sound after i have turned the key and wait for a min., but it still wouldn't start. and if it was the fuel pump is it something that can be done at home and about how much or should i take it to a mechanic?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts