TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to change mine here soon, so i was wondering how to remove it.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
lets see, remove the turn signals, take the front wheels off, remove both splash sheilds, remove the 2 screws from behind the turn signals, 5.5 mm remove the screws from the fender to cover in the wheel wheel , phillips, remove the 4 nuts on the inside of the fenders, should be 11mm they will probally snap so dont worry the brackets are cheap . if the car has the cornering lamps in the cover you will need to unbolt those from the fender as well. then theres just the plastic pins from the cover to the core support . and then you pull it off gently. so as not to break the header panel. if its tight gently use a prybar between the cover and the header. hope this helps, justin

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I did it without taking the wheels off. There are like 400 things holding the bumper cover on so you just have to find them all, but there are no tricks or anything like that. You just unscrew anything that looks like it is attached to the cover.

~Chuck

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
its less aggrivation with the wheels off and splash sheilds out

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it only took me about 15 min to get it off. I left the wheels on, the old bumper was in such a crappy state, I could just reach under there and get the bolts. I had to pull it back however when i put the new one on. I posted the end result.
http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?p=814333#post814333

·
Registered
262 Posts
Bumper Envy!!!

Gcline said:
it only took me about 15 min to get it off. I left the wheels on, the old bumper was in such a crappy state, I could just reach under there and get the bolts. I had to pull it back however when i put the new one on. I posted the end result.
Quite an improvement! So when are ya going to do mine? :D I just pulled up your pics, and did a double-double take! The clear corners do look nice!

As you can see, my bumper's about the same shape as your old one. I'll expect you to take care of it on your next trip through to Floriduh. ;) :D

Best of Luck!
That is all...

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
actually, im going to Lakeland,florida next month =P Those are the 5 finger discount clear corners. One of mine was cracked, so I just popped off the outside of it.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Gcline said:
actually, im going to Lakeland,florida next month =P Those are the 5 finger discount clear corners. One of mine was cracked, so I just popped off the outside of it.
Interesting. I've had a complete lens fly off going down the freeway, but never noticed about the amber "overlay".

Is your color code WL (Midnight Opal)? The color was only offered on T'Birds in '93.

As you drive by the new Summit store on I-75 south of Atlanta, I'm just due east. Run I-75 every day... so if you see a car that looks like yours without clear corners and a sh!ty front bumper, it are me. :)

Your new front bumper is quite the improvement!

Best of Luck and a safe trip!
That is all...

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah its WL, very pretty color. and thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts