TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Along with the rest of us I've invested about 17 years into semi-futile Headlite Mods of our POS Sylvania Units - Relay Mod, Reflector Mod, 9011 HIR Mod, HID Mod, yadda, yadda... STILL not happy with 9005 55W HID Low Beams in this Thread:

http://www.markviii.org/htdocs/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=44910&mesg_id=44910&page=

- SO>>> I'm converting Parking Lite Housing to a Headlite (not sure if it will end up Hi or Low yet) then will put Turn Sig / Parking Lite in old Low Beam Location as my latest attempt - I've not seen it tried before so it MAY even be a totally "NEW" 93-96 MKVIII HEADLIGHT MOD - Sylvania shoulda done something similar because God knows they never fixed our Housings - Just getting started on my old "mule" set of Lenses before I whack up a good set - I'll probably go with 9005 35 Watt HID's in the smaller old Parking Lite space but mocking it up with an old POS 9005 Halogen Bulb:

LOVE to source an HID Projector that would tuck into that big hole in Lo Beam Housing but yet to source one that will surely fit - Height 2.5 Inches MAX & not an excess of Depth to play with behind Lo Beam Headlight Housing to Battery space in a MK.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts