TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking of trading my pick up truck for a Probe GT. I heard they were a blast to drive but, require high maintenance. Anyone have any opinions on these cars ?

·
Registered
658 Posts
I drove a 95 probe gt once. It had the 2.8 v6.
Power everything, "squeeze you" seats, short throw on the shift and a hydraulic clutch. The only thing I didn't like about this car was ......FWD:boom:

I would definately buy one. Personally though, I wouldn't trade a pickup for it(theres just somethin' women like 'bout a pick up man).

danman

·
Registered
529 Posts
If it breaks, don't plan on fixing it yourself. I worked a buddies with him. It's got the Mazda V-6 in it, almost identical to the MX-6 and the 626 6's. Pain to work on, high maintenance, and expensive as crap parts. $50 for a 1inch by 1x vacuum canister that sits UNDER the intake manifold. and there's TWO. and they get hot and thus BRITTLE and break the little hose-connectors off like mad.... UGH. Just a nightmare. And now its leakin oil, and part of the exhaust fell off..

And he TRYS to take care of it. Otherwise, small fun car.

·
Registered
724 Posts
My buddies was great till I melted 5th gear at about 110. Then it got interesting. I have no idea how I melted a gear but thats what the shop said, and it was expensive. Not to mention the new tires I had to buy him also.

·
Registered
529 Posts
i wanna get one and cram in an SHO engine..lol

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea thats what ive ben reading on probetalk.com , high maintenance, VC leaks, distributor, CPS, o2 sensors , exhaust problems, fuel pumps, timing belts, water pumps, radiators , brake pads and rotors , all fail in addition to just regular maintenance. Forget it, im keeping the 94 Ram. Thanks guys.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
chadg said:
If it breaks, don't plan on fixing it yourself. I worked a buddies with him. It's got the Mazda V-6 in it, almost identical to the MX-6 and the 626 6's.
Heck, a lot of the stuff that was marketed for the Probe still works on the Protoge5 and the MP3.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts