TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some questions about the wiring harness and ECU from a 93 bird with a 5.0. I'm new to the forums and Tbirds in general so I'm learning a lot about them as I go. I searched the forums a bit before but didn't find what I was looking for.

I am using an ECU and harness from the same 93 Tbird 5.0 on an old Ford project that I'm building and I'm trying to figure out some of the connectors on the harness. I literally just need the bare minimum required wires and such just to make it run and drive.
Does anyone have any pictures or diagrams or anything that shows what each connector on the engine harnesses plug into on the motor? I have figured out a lot of them but there's a few that I'm stumped on. There's endless info on mustang setups but very few to none on the Tbird setups because the engine harnesses are different.
Would someone know what they were if I posted pictures of the connectors I need help with? Or does someone have a good write up somewhere? I'm sure there's some connectors that I don't need but I need to figure out the ones required to make it run.
Also, does anyone have a list of the required sensors that I need for a running engine?
Thanks for any help you guys can give.

·
Super Moderator
10,408 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm assuming many people probably have that book. Does it happen to show the different connectors on the harness and where they go?

·
Super Moderator
16,826 Posts
Many here have EVTMs, but they’re different year to year, connector pinouts vary, wire colors change etc. I’d post up pics from mine but a 95 one won’t be of much use.

It’s well worth buying one especially for your kind of project. Pinouts, diagrams, locations, wire colors are all in there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks MaddMartigan. That helps a lot. The only thing I don't know is what ones I don't need to keep and what ones I need to have to have a running motor.

·
Super Moderator
3,574 Posts
I've highlighted what I believe that you'll need to have wired in place to get the car to run. Pay careful attention to the grounds. Bad grounds will definitely keep it from working. I have a thread in Videos and Images called Project Resurrection that may be of use to you.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts