TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an opportunity to get a 93 cheap with a decent engine and a rebuilt transmission. The tranny has 1000-1500 miles on it and is still under warranty. Is this a direct swap into my 94? Anything have to be changed or not fit?

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
5.0 or 3.8?

·
Administrator
8,255 Posts
The engine isn't a problem, but the tranny is! The 93 has an AOD and your 94 has a 4R70W.

Joe

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
The engine isn't a problem, but the tranny is! The 93 has an AOD and your 94 has a 4R70W.

Joe
What if the 94 has a 3.8 already?Aren't those AODE's?

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Joe
I figured the tranny would be a problem. We've been trying to get this car from the guy for a while. He finally decided to come down to $300 but he's taking the new tires off.

Is there anything on the engine that would have to be changed over?

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
is the tranny in the 94 still good? i'm not sure if the 93 engine would bolt to it tho...

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
i have a nice 4r from my 96 3.8

·
5,650 Posts
I figured the tranny would be a problem. We've been trying to get this car from the guy for a while. He finally decided to come down to $300 but he's taking the new tires off.

Is there anything on the engine that would have to be changed over?
As long as the car has a distributor like yours then it's direct as far as the engine goes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts