TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at doing the exhaust on my tbird, I'm looking at a couple different options. I could go to local midas and have them fabricate something for cat back. One, with that i could do an H-pipe and do two pipe straight back out the middle with two thrush glasspacks. Two, I was looking at dynomax's ultra x flow muffler and running the two pipes from the cats into that and then just two pipes straight out to the back. since the dynomax has a "built-in" x-pipe I wouldn't need the h-pipe before it right? Anyways any thoughts on these setups?? Or any other thoughts or ideas?
Thanks

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
stay away from midas, unless you dont mind spending money. i would go to an independent, mom and pop type exhaust shop. seems like the independent shops take more pride in their work.

i have never heard a v6 with an h-pipe. im curious as to how it would sound. if you get a muffler with a built-in x, then yes, you dont need an h. pick one or the other.

i have had a mid mounted glasspack on both my birds, then switched to a mid mounted spintech on my 95. it's much more throatier than the glasspack.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts