·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
]Can this be done. thank you

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
well I would assume that if you can put a 96 front on a 93 that you could put a 93 on a 96 but then again you know what people say when you assume. Just out of curiousity why do you want to put a 93 front on a 96 unless its smashed up.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea my 96 is smashed up and im buying this 93 with a blown 3.8 for 200$

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
I don't see why you couldn't do it, but i don't think it's going to be pretty.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Not sure what parts your thinking of swapping over but good luck getting a '93 hood to close on a '96 4.6L engine. That's one problem you might be up against.

What do you need/have to replace? It might not be do-able.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
issue area?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i mean like how isnt it pretty. How hard can it be your just swapping the bumper, hood, and fenders. Ill use the same headlamps and stuff. If the hood is a problem. I can just buy a cowl induction. Will i need to drill new holes to mount the bumper and stuff?

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
I think he means it'll be butt ugly not that it'll be a butt load of work... at least I know that's what I meant when I said "but i don't think it's going to be pretty".

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
yo go to partschannel or a&t in poughkeepsie save that $200 whats the 93 your getting

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Fit!!

Hello
'
Don't be scarred. I have have 89, 90, 93 & 95 Bumper covers on my 90. & my 96 will also fit. I liked the 94 V-8 nose best. Seemed to have the best air openings.

All the Fenders are the same all years. 96 & 97 have holes for the different style trim.

You will have to match the hood with the noses. as they have different heights at the center. Seems to be the newer the less the nose dip.

I just received my new nose (aftermarket) based on the 97. [$110.00] Cheaper than at the scrap yards. This is for my circle track street stock.
Yes, an oval track car. The new nose has No holes in it. So I can put them where I want them.

So I know interchangeability on this chassis. I have repaired the body every year for 3 seasons. This includes doors, quarter panels, fenders & bumper covers. Stockcar racing is a contact sport.

The New nose will be going on my new 96 Thunderbird, We are building to replace my 90. We have been set back due to the cold weather & snow up hear in Western NY.

PAUL

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thx guys. Later!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts