TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Was wondering if anybody knows if a 93 hood, specifically a 89-93 cobra R hood, will fit on a 95? I am wondering how it would line up with the lights on the 95? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,520 Posts
Well... I don't think it's going to fit seamlessly without the other bits from the 1st gen front end. I'm thinking you'd need the header panel and headlights of the 93, and the front bumper cover to make everything line up properly.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey terminator. Yeah I was kinda thinking the same thing. I don't want to get into all that. Possibly had a good deal on a ram air hood from a 93 but I don't want to have change whole front end. Thanks for your reply.

·
Super Moderator
7,661 Posts
From 94/95 to 96/97 it is close enough that you can get away with mixing and matching hoods, headlights, and bumpers, but the 89-93 style is drastically different, and will require replacement of the bumper cover, hood, headlights, and header panel all together.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From looking at pics of a 93 I kinda figured it wouldn't work but wasn't sure if it would be that far off. Thanks guys

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know if any of you have seen pics of my car. I used to have the cobra r ram air hood. It flew up on me while driving and tore off. Anyway I have a regular factory hood on now. Thought about getting another aftermarket hood, like the look of the 93 ram air. Lower profile than the one I used to have. And don't want to shell out the money for a new 95 at this time.

·
Banned
575 Posts
Throw on a 97 style, the 3in cowl has always been a favorite of mine.
And you Have to pin these hoods even with a latch, sorry to hear about another taking flight.
Thats my 94 with 97 vfn below. You could also use a 96 to 97 hood as it has a ministock cowl. I didnt have my pins or hood bra on in time for pic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts