TCCoA Forums banner

93 LX 5.0H.O. Factory Alarm driving me nutz

521 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  BluelickMotorSports 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,
Fist post here and I think it may be an old one for some of you more experienced Ford guys.I picked up this 1993 T-bird LX 5.0 HO from a friend,it's been in the same family since new 123K miles runs and drives great,but the factory ALARM is driving me nutz.I have looked on line with no success for a diagram for the alarm wiring,find nothing..

I'm hoping someone here can provide me with something to just simply disarm the thing all together.

The factory light in the dash comes on and blinks while driving,also as it's blinking a relay under the dash clicks in and out.I do not want to fix the problem just want to scrap the alarm all together.I mean if someone steals the thing then so be it,I'm out $400..no big deal.lol
I'm getting tired of unhooking the neg battery cable every single time I stop at a store or get home..The lights stay on if I don't..

Tks for listening to my rant and Any and all replies I will be thankful for..

#2 ·
The wiring diagram will be in the EVTM (Electrical and Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual); available used on eBay, and quite often in stock at Helm Inc. and at Bishko Books.

If you pull the alarm box in the trunk (driver's side inner fender, under the plastic cover), it'll also kill starting due to the starter relay kill circuit in the alarm box.

But, if you find the 1993 wiring diagram, there's basically just a pair of wires to jumper to bypass it.

RwP

#3 ·
I'm thinking the car gave me a clue today..I went to start the car and all lights on dash lit up but no starter when turning the key,I opened the door and reached for the hood latch,and for some stupid reason I hit the key to start it,,and it started..So I'm thinking maybe,,just maybe the 30 yr old plunger switch on the drivers door may be an issue..lol

#4 ·
Heh.

Check the wiring - specificially the ... yellow? ... wires in the wire channel under the carpet.

Mine did the same thing; turns out it was needing a ground through the light switch circuit, and ... it was due to that wire melting.

Don't know for sure why; I patched it, and problem was gone.

RwP

Reactions: BluelickMotorSports
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.