TCCoA Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up for sale a 1993 Lincoln Mark VIII one piece aluminum driveshaft. Great upgrade.

I installed brand new Dana Spicer U-joints on it. $100+shipping

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
If I didn't already have one, I'd want it. GLWS

·
Registered
482 Posts
I see a lot of interest from guys with 4.6 engines. I thought I read this was the only MKVIII driveshaft that will fit my 1992 5.0 with AOD?

My shipping would be 98908.

·
̇
3,701 Posts
gordonm1 said:
I thought I read this was the only MKVIII driveshaft that will fit my 1992 5.0 with AOD?
You have to swap the front yoke of the Mark VIII shaft, and use the AOD yoke..The 4R70W front yoke is a smaller diameter..

Technically, you could use the extension housing off of an MN12 4R70W transmission on your AOD transmission..

Then you wouldn't have to swap yokes at all..

I hate to be this bearer of bad news, but even after doing all that..It Is still not advisable to use this driveshaft on your AOD..

Your driveshaft should always have room to move in and out of the transmission extension housing with everything bolted up..

Using a driveshaft that just barely fits doesn't give you the necessary room for the driveshaft to move in and out..
(Like it is supposed to)

On the flip side..You could buy it, and have it shortened to the appropriate length by a driveshaft shop..

I would call around locally first..Just to see if anyone locally can even do that with an aluminum driveshaft..

Rayo..

·
Super Moderator
4,941 Posts
The local shops will charge the same to shorten and rebalance an aluminum driveshaft as to ... make a new one if you supply the old yokes.

I'd check into that first.

RwP

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Geez I still didn't get any email notifications. I'll send you shipping quotes by PM.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I was wondering about taking some off my tbird yoke? I don't see what mine looks like though and can't see what the pic is like above. That yoke doesn't look like a long spline. My chevy truck yoke is just a long spline(approx. 6") that could probably be ground down 3/4" to make some room. I'm ignorant on the details here though like just what the difference in length is between driveshafts. Also I don't know how much travel on the yoke is needed and how much engagement of the yoke is needed.

$50 shipping from Canada, new ujoint ?? for my yoke, $100 driveshaft, some grinding and polishing, sounds plausible. There's a lot of research to be done to be sure though.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You probably won't need a new u-joint, it has two brand new ones.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
My PM box is full. You'll let me post 1,000+ posts in public but geez be a member for 10+ years and try to have more than 100 PMs in my inbox and sent together and whoa, hold up you're using too much server resources, break open that wallet. Sheesh, dumb.

69ford99, FedEx shipping for you is $51. 6 business days time.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FYI 69ford99 has said he plans to pay in the morning. So... tentatively sold awaiting payment...

·
̇
3,701 Posts
I was wondering about taking some off my tbird yoke? I don't see what mine looks like though and can't see what the pic is like above. That yoke doesn't look like a long spline. My chevy truck yoke is just a long spline(approx. 6") that could probably be ground down 3/4" to make some room. I'm ignorant on the details here though like just what the difference in length is between driveshafts. Also I don't know how much travel on the yoke is needed and how much engagement of the yoke is needed.

$50 shipping from Canada, new ujoint ?? for my yoke, $100 driveshaft, some grinding and polishing, sounds plausible. There's a lot of research to be done to be sure though.
That won't work..The length reduction has to come off the driveshaft itself..

Rayo..

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sold!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.