TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my 1994 3.8 bird had a connecting rod let go resulting in damage to the block. I picked up a 1992 3.8 as it is on a recent rebuild, the engine seems to have all the same senors but the upper intake on my 1994 has an extra vacum line that the 92 dose not have. Should I use my upper intake off my 94 as it has this extra connection or just add a t to a line on the 92 upper intake?

Also the 2 wiring harnesses look identical should I remove the wires and such from the 94 and put them on the 92 engine I am going to install or will the connections be fine?

It seems that the fuel injectors may be diffrent as the ones on the 92 engine are a light brown to orange color and the ones on the 94 are like a gray color is there any diffrence?

Thanks for any help on the 94 to 92 engine swap

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
put your parts off the 94 on it and be done

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
yup, what he said.

·
Super Moderator
7,698 Posts
Yeah, and don't stop at the one vacuum line. While you have both motors out of the car line them up side by side and make sure everything that is even remotely different from your 94 goes on the 92 motor. It will be much easier swapping sensors with the motor out than to find out you need to swap something after it is all in.

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts