TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know im probably gonna get reemed for posting this question but i couldnt find the answer i was looking for last night....

Just looking for the answer as to why the 94-95 is thought of so much less vs the 96-97

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
The 96/97 heads, intake were a better design. The 94/95 EEC is a bastard child of OBDII-ism. Headlights on the 94/95 pretty much suck. Few other things. I like the 94/95 front look better though. Except for the lame lights.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what makes the 94-95 so hard to mod or make it up to par with the 96-97 motor

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
93TbirdSC said:
what makes the 94-95 so hard to mod or make it up to par with the 96-97 motor

Al_Florida said:
The 96/97 heads, intake were a better design. The 94/95 EEC is a bastard child of OBDII-ism.
:D

The main problems are the heads. The pre-96 heads are asthmatic at best and very restrictive. And since all the “little things” are different, like the throttle cables, EGR system, etc, by the time you get all those parts to “upgrade” a 94/95, you could just spend the money and get a complete used PI engine.

Just my .02. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
94 Daily Driven 4.6L said:
:D

The main problems are the heads. The pre-96 heads are asthmatic at best and very restrictive. And since all the “little things” are different, like the throttle cables, EGR system, etc, by the time you get all those parts to “upgrade” a 94/95, you could just spend the money and get a complete used PI engine.

Just my .02. :thumbsup:
thats the answer i was lookin for!

Thanx :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts