TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just managed to get my hands on nearly complete air deflector for my '95 Thunderbird, that floppy rubbery thing that is pinned to the radiator support and is stapled to the air dam that diverts air up into the radiator (part # F4SZ-63001A06-A), item #10 -

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-air-deflector-f4sz63001a06a

Since these things seem to disintegrate over time (I've gone to Pick Your Part repeatedly searching junked '94/'95 Thunderbirds for it but it's always missing till now), I was thinking of getting some place to make copies of it (it lies flat when new) or, at worst, buying some of the material and cutting out replacements for myself.

So, the question is, does anybody know what this thing is made out of and could someone maybe point me to some sort of industrial materials place that could sell me the rubbery stuff or, better yet, make a few of them for me?

This stuff is very rough, almost seems to be rubber-coated cardboard. I wouldn't mind a stronger, longer-lasting replacement material so long as it was more or less the same thickness and pliable (so it can bend up the radiator support and also around the sway bar).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
It always seemed to me to be like a thick tar paper type material. Not sure about the rigid part as I never had it totally off the car. Probably plastic.

Al

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I noticed no I’ll effects removing that and using just the plastic deflector alone
I agree, and I have a deflector by itself (the rest of it had torn off) on my original Thunderbird, I was just interested in replacing the rest of it with some better material. T6Rocket may be right, it does seem to be thick tar paper, which would be a ridiculous material to make this out of though I don't know what would be better to withstand the abuse that anything in that area would go through.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts