TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To start it off I wanted to get rid of that Big Violin case intake piece. It is big ugly and doesn't flow to good. So What to do right. Buy on of those after market kits that cost big $$$. Forget that here is how I did it. I opened the hood and and looked over what kind of stuff I would need to make it happen. I found that I needed a 45* bend up at the throttle body and then some hose and a connector to hook it to the factory flex hose coming off the MAF. So here is what I bought.

I bought the black 90* and the hose connector at the local tool store. That cost me about $5. Then the 3" hose I had laying around. I cut the 90* in half so I had the 45* I needed. Then I cut a narrow strip of the 3" hose to adapt the 3" 45* to the factory TB rubber connector. I made a second adapter for the connector on the end where it meats the factory MAF hose. Hose clamped everything in place. Then I noticed that I forgot to plumb in a place for the V/c breather. So off to the parts store. I bought a 3/4" heater hose Tee and a 3/4" - 5/8" heater hose adapter, plus some scrape 3/4" hose and 5/8" hose with clamps. I plumbed the V/c breather into the same port as the big line coming from under the intake. I used the Tee to connect them all together. Then I used the 3/4"-5/8" adapter to get to the right size for the V/C breather.

So now with the pics.

I previously removed the Air silencer. I need to get a K&N panel for it. I do already notice a big improvement in take off and acceleration. That and now it sounds like a V8. Need to get real dual exhaust and remove the center mount muffler.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had the same type of plastic elbow and tubing on my turbo cope for over a year. No problems with it at all.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
So what's response like as opposed to the Violin case?

I am considering replacing the violin case with a straight bit of tubing

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
ok time for a change this is my final set up until the swap. Still up in the air whether or not the Pro Flow 75 mm MAFS with be used(vs. the 02 gt 80 mm) but overall this isn't worth it by itself you have to modify more or else this mustang tube rig is a disappointment to anyone seeking any gains in performance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts