TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm close to getting the hood now that my one project is almost done. On the scp website there are two styles but both are square like. I recall either on here or on the Facebook tccoa page about another website that sold hoods for the birds. There hood was round like and would like to visit the site again but lost how to get to it
Does anyone know about what I speak of? The site had something about American recycling or similar...

·
Registered
1991 Mercury Cougar LS 5.0 in restoration
1,512 Posts
I got my hood from fiber concepts. It took 6 months to get it. I haven't seen it as it was shipped to the body shop, but he said it looked nice. Cervinis was another brand, but not sure if they are still around.

·
SuperNewbie
1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6 red
3,592 Posts
My son and I have a 94/95 Fiber concepts hood hanging around the house brand new that we didn't use. It's the Cobra hood with the scoops in it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yeah I ended up with a brand new cervinis hood that was never used..installed it on The UnderBird ('91 bird)that has a 32v swap with '96 cobra intake which my friend still needed to cut to clear the intake. Still willing to trade for a 3inch or 4inch tall cowl hood. No luck so far but the Mach 1 hood is growing on me.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Having shopped around, I am unable to find an affordable hood that I like.
I too like the cowl hoods best.
We are going to just cut the stock hood and put in a cheap aftermarket appliance to accommodate the 2nd gen Mark VIII engine.

Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts