TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. My 97 Bird needs some new door handles. Will 94/95 door handles fit and work without modification? In other words are they interchangeable. Also, will my lock on my 97 fit in the 94/95 handles? I can't find any 96/97's but I found a set of 94/95's. Telling me to find 96/97 handles wont help. Thanks...

·
Only you can prevent modular fires
1,446 Posts
you want and NEED the 96-97 ones. I have a set for 35 shipped if you are looking for them

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I've always just bought new ones from Ford. And by the way, 35 shipped is a GREAT deal on them.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the 94/95 ones the guys letting go for 12 + shipping... Plus there black. I can't use them?

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
of course they're black. all 89-95 handles are black dull plastic.

i know there needs to be modifications to put 96/97 handles on a 89-95, and i'm sure it's the same going the other way around. 96/97 handles will look better and be a direct swap.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Don't you lose the "lighted keyhole" on the 96/97's though? :2huh:

And Nicktcfcsb if that is for a pair and they are in good shape, consider them sold!!! :D

PM me with details. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
my cat has lighted cylinders . well in all honesty the 96-97 handles are dead, vintage parts doesnt have them and unless you find used your s.o.l

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
8ate8 said:
of course they're black. all 89-95 handles are black dull plastic.

i know there needs to be modifications to put 96/97 handles on a 89-95, and i'm sure it's the same going the other way around. 96/97 handles will look better and be a direct swap.
You can't find a set of handles for 12 bucks. Persoanlly I don't gave a RA if there black or color matched, both will look good in my eyes, which is all that matters. If the 95/94's need to be modified, what exactly needs to be done? The mounting I hear is pretty much the same is it not, so I'd imagine the tumbler?

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
i don't know.. do a search, i know it's been posted for putting the 96/97s on early models. my point was that nick was offering a set for $35 shipped.. $12 vs. $35.. not that much of a difference considering the 96/97s will swap right in and look better.

and it's flat black. not painted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts