TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I plug a 96/97 harness into a 94 4.6 and everything is pinned correctly? I ask because there is a nice 96/97 harness at the local yard I can get cheap and the 94 harness I have isn't looking as good as it could be. My 94 already has a PI motor in it so the stock harness was modified.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
I have never checked the EVT manual to see if they are pinned the same at the main harness connector. I used the connectors off the 02 explorer harness along with my 94 engine harness. You need to lengthen a few things but most of the colors carry over between the two harnesses. If you do a search for explorer posts back in 2003 when I did my swap there is a thread between PalmGuy and me where I listed all the harness changes and wire color splices

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
you should be able to just use a 96/97 cars harness, it all is the same, if you do a PI swap in a 96/97 car it just means you dont have to cut and lengthen any wires. sorry, i meant to go through and clean that up.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
you should be able to just use a 96/97 cars harness, it all is the same, if you do a PI swap in a 96/97 car it just means you dont have to cut and lengthen any wires. sorry, i meant to go through and clean that up.
But you didn't,Because your lazy.At least my 95 harness looks clean on the PI motor!Just kidding Marc.:)

You should be able to use a 96 style harness with know problems and even if you do run into a connecter/sensor difference all you would have to do is swap the connecter you need off the 94 harness to the 96 harness.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts