TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can you jmod a 94-95 mustang gt transmission, i know its a aode, i'm doing some upgrades to my friends mustang before he comes back, putting a cam ported and polished heads, chip. and he was wanting to put in a b&m shift kit in his car, and i told him to steer away from that, i had one in my tbird and started to have nothing but problems. so i was wondering if i could do a jmod to his transmission, i'm capable of doing the work, that doesnt bother me, i'm just trying to help him out on performance wise. since i did get a complete 88 mustang all redone roller. so i figured i try and do what i can for his car.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I J-moded my 94 mustang. No problem, but...

Follow the directions carefully-I wouldn't go crazy and I would probably stick with the "mild" setting regardless of hp.

The 94/95 aode's have an intermediate one way "roller" clutch that is prone to failure.

In my particular case, my one way clutch was on its way out (I didn't know it at the time), and I tried a few simple things to address the minor issue I was having. While I was in the tranny I decided to go ahead and J-mod it. The day after the J-mod, 1 too many harsh shifts to 2nd finished it off and I ended up rebuilding my tranny (with the help of the fine folks here).

Its been over a year and 30K+ miles and still going strong...including the upgraded intermediate one way clutch and j-mod.

-Alan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts