TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a RUST FREE unmodified 1994 or 1995 V8 LX Thunderbird. It needs to be able to run well enough that I can drive it back home and I'd prefer to be within 2 of 3 hours of my home in 23974 Virginia (Victoria, VA in Lunenburg County). Beyond the years and being rust free, I'm seeking a car with 4 wheel disk brakes, NO moonroof and it must be dependable enough to drive it to my home without needing to trailer it (Seeking inside a 2 to 5 hour one way search radius from my home in southern VA (23074 - Victoria, VA in Lunenburg County). Exterior and interior color is of no concern. I probably won't find this as the cars seem to be getting harder and harder to find decent ones to start with but ya never know unless ya try.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does it have to be a 94 or 95? I have a super reliable 97 for sale - 4.6 V8. I’m in Florida, but would be more than happy to drive it to you in VA.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I would look on Autotrader and Craigslist. Autotrader usually has a few MN-12's at dealers, who took them in on a trade-in from an older person. Since there is not a lot of interest on these cars, there should be negotiation room.

There can be a wide range of prices on these cars, starting with $1000-2000 hoopties, then you have $5000-8000 cars in really nice condition. I would choose the latter, since there are not a lot of nice cosmetic parts to replace worn looking pieces.

I would also open your search to 96-97's. I loved my 95, and really miss the options it had, but in the end the clogged EGR system from a lifetime of leaky valve guides on the 94-95's ended my ownership of the car.

Al

·
Registered
250 Posts
There is one in 63755 with 40K miles, clear coat is pealing, leather seats are dried out. Other than that it's pretty fine ride. I think they wanted $1700.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Sounds like a car who's odometer stopped working.

That's another thing to look out for. A dead giveaway is the trip ODO zeroed out. Watch the miles turn on the test drive.

Al

1 - 5 of 5 Posts