TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with a 75 dry shot would i be able to tap the back of the plenum from the TB to put my nitrous in? i mean technically you could but it anywhere before the injectors where it would mix with the air and fuel correct? i have been thinking about nitrous for after i get my 3:73's, track lok, chip, 1 pc driveshaft, and 2400 stall. what kind of times would i approximately be running with those things done...plus a j-mod. i am already running [email protected] 85.....if anyone has similar mods please speak up about your 1/4th mile times.

Thanks
-Marc

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
I don't know what system you have but Zex recommends installing the nozzle between the MAF and the throttle body. 6" to 18" from the throttle body.

·
Registered
169 Posts
NX directions also say before the TB. i would imagine they just want to make sure you give it plenty of time to mix with the air before it enters the cylinders. i'd stick with putting it before the TB if you can.

i'm guessing you're trying to keep it a stealth install...if you just get creative with some rubber fuel hose you can put it pretty much anywhere in the intake and most people will think it's a vacuum line or PCV hose. :cool:

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
When my 95 was stock with the 4.6 and 4R70W in it, it ran 15.8's @ 86mph.
After I installed my 75 dry shot(NOS Brand), I ran a best of 14.1's @ 95 mph.
That was also, with the weight being at 3940*.

And it would be best to put it in front of the throttle body.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont know....i just made up a number lol i know nothing about tq/stall converters

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
Recommendations

With Just a few bolt-ons mine went 13.7's at 100 +MPH with the ZEX 75 shot. That was before the converter, Tune etc and with Just a Superchips chip.

A lot depends on traction and all too! (Get Drag Tires) The 2400 converter would work great with the 75 shot. Peak torque would be in the 26-2900 range so it would put it at almost max acceleration range off the line.

The 3.73's will work fine. Get the MAF and TB done and you should certainly see high 13's low 14's. Get a SCT tune for the set-up and you should be ready to roll.

6" to 10" from the TB is ideal for placement of the nitrous line.

Good luck in your modding! :)

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Steve, do you have a PI engine or just heads?

Chris

·
2,643 Posts
No, Not complete PI engine!

Stock PI heads and PI cams. Stock Cast iron 96 shortblock with bolt-ons. Nothing special.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Cool...I wanna get 13s without the squeeze on my 97. I dont think its going to be THAT hard but you give me a good guage to go by...I am going to have a few *ahem* other parts too.

Chris

·
2,643 Posts
seawalkersee said:
Cool...I wanna get 13s without the squeeze on my 97. I dont think its going to be THAT hard but you give me a good guage to go by...I am going to have a few *ahem* other parts too.

Chris
Just to Clarify!

The above post was WITHOUT the PI Heads, PI cams or converter and on a 75 shot. The factory STOCK untouched engine with bolt-ons later went several high 13 second passes (Best 13.89) WITHOUT the juice on a Jerry Tune, the bolt-ons and converter.

It has since gone 13.3 @ 102+ MPH on the STOCK PI Pieces, No headwork, cams or other such work on the stock cast iron motor. Just the Bullitt TB and Intake on top of that. NO JUICE!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I think my car will be a tad heavier though. I will try to put it on a diet but I think it will still weigh in at factory weight. I THINK I am going to run the aluminum block with the NPI pistons, some work on PI heads, lower port on a Bullitt intake, Marauder converter and J-mod, with a 90mm MAF, 3.73s and a tune. There are a few other things but not many.

Chris

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Steve forgot to mention one critical piece of info...practice!! I only make it to the track about 2 times a year, and thus far, my best has been 13.7. Terrible wheel spin...I need more practice to find just the right spot and low 13's are in my pocket.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I was originally planning on putting a pair of cams in the engine too. The tests that I have seen though actually loose ground on the PI cams below 3000-3500 rpms. I am going to try to find a pair that will improve power and TQ here but thus far, no such luck.

Chris

·
2,643 Posts
seawalkersee said:
I was originally planning on putting a pair of cams in the engine too. The tests that I have seen though actually loose ground on the PI cams below 3000-3500 rpms. I am going to try to find a pair that will improve power and TQ here but thus far, no such luck.

Chris(QUOTE]

With 3.73's, converter, Juice etc, You'll be thru 3500 so fast it will make your head spin. Good enough with the PI cams that I haven't changed them. I'm sure with a little work I can get a whole lot more. Don't let that lil tid bit of 3000-3500 RPM scare you.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
On the way home tonight I was actually thinking of this very post. I stood on it to pass some moron who was going 45 in a 55 in the fast lane. Anyway, I just popped on the throttle and realized that it is INDEED only a short time that I am in the below 3000 range. However, this car is my daily driver. The SC is the one that gets ALL of the go fast goodies. I might try to find a set that mimics the torque at the lower RPMs and then goes on when the PIs fall off. Thanks though Steve....Hope to see you at this years shootout.

Chris

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
How about my car? I went to the Zex.com and didn’t even know where to start. What kit would you guys recommend? Part #’s too. Thanks...Josh

Allen SuperCharger (6 psi)
Jerry programmed chip
Mark VIII (2800) torque converter
Mark VIII 1993 aluminum drive shaft
3.73 limited slip differential (positrak)
Pro-M 70mm throttle body
Pro-M 75mm stainless steel bullet MAF
30# fuel injectors
Accel coil packs
MSD dis4 ignition with rev limiter
MSD 8mm plug wires
180 degree thermostat
Hayden tranny cooler
K&N air filter

·
2,643 Posts
I'd check into it but mine was the original kit for the 96-98 mustang 4.6L. Dont recall the part # off hand.

With that set-up I'd stay at a 50-75 shot at most and then you are still gonna need a tune to see if you are going lean or have enough injector.

My guess is you probably don't. Better make sure before spraying it.

Good luck in your modding.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts