TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't put this in For Sale since it's free - but there is a hook. There's a '94 or '95 LX 'Bird sitting in the parking lot at my local auto parts store here in the Florida Panhandle. It appears to be abandoned - I say appears because the manager knows nothing about how it got there and it *may* be stolen. It's been there at least 10 days. He told me I could have it if I wanted to haul it off, he said he'd run the plates (texas) through the police to see if it had been reported stolen before I took it but I really don't have the time to mess with it so....

What I know or think I know - it appears to be a completely stock red exterior/tan interior V8 (dual exhaust) with a good bit of body damage. You could probably use the front end parts to swap onto an 89-93 if you were inclined but they'd need some work and repaint, there's already primer spots on the hood and dents in the drivers fender. Clear coat cancer is rampant. The pass front tire is flat and the rim is a Mark VIII lacy spoke that doesn't match the other 3 stock propellors. The steering column has also been trashed around the lock cylinder (I'm thinking it was ripped off) and the headliner is gone. Interior is filthy and full of somebody's stuff. Trunk lock looks to have been hammered out and some of the badge work is missing.

If anyone is real interested PM and I'll give you the phone number for the store but you better be ready to hook up your trailer and come get it - now. If you're just wondering or have to "think about it" don't waste your time, he's ready to get it hauled off his lot and it'll probably be gone pretty soon since I gave him the number of a local junkyard that will come get it for nothing. I also don't have time to go take pics so don't ask cause I ain't gonna . If you have questions I'll try to answer them but I didn't spend a lot of time going over it since it appears to be a basket case except as a parts car. No title, no keys, no bill of sale. Most states have some way of getting title for an abandoned car if you wanted to but I think it'd be a waste of time and money on this one. All that said it's free - probably.

PS - If anyone in Texas has lost a 'Bird matching this description PM me the VIN and I'll confirm it. Though I'm not sure you'd want it back if it's yours and the insurance has paid off. ;)

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
If I were you I would take that puppy home, part it out on here, then use all the nice little cash to buy mods! :p Are those tans seats any good? Leather, Power?

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Believe me I considered parting it myself but I just don't have the time or the room to store it with my current project "workload". I'd probably have code enforcement on me within a couple weeks thinking I was starting a junkyard in a residential zone. I've got a '93 with blown head gaskets awaiting a 4.2 short block and a Mark getting a new motor both sitting out front along with my two other operational vehicles and my yard just ain't that big. :( Until I finish both of those I'm not adding anything to the list. I posted this one just in case someone has the resources to roll the dice on it. I'd figure it has enough parts on it to justify a short haul home and the effort to clear it w/ the cops especially if you're looking for a 4.6 to rebuild/build up.

I have to run out that way today, I'll double check the seats if it's still there.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
LA aka NWFL?

Explain that please! I used to live in Pensacola, and if those seats are any good I can make it to flordia thursday unless you want to ship them. Hell, I would take the whole car except for the point I dont have a trailer.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lower Alabama

About 2 hours east of Pensacola on US 98. You'll need to get a UHaul if you want it, about $65/day when I rented an auto hauler a couple of months ago.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Wow, a trip to PENS is about 9 hours from here, so that would make a 12 hour trip, ROAD TRIP ANYONE? I would say let me think about it but you said you didnt want that, I need to do some things first this thursday then I could defintley tell you.

(i.e. see how much my paycheck is!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts