TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for either a 94 or a 95 LX V8. I've looked at the SC, but decided that I'd rather have the V8.

What differences are there from a 94 LX 4.6 to a 95 LX 4.6? I'm looking for differences between the 2 cars, both engine and body etc.

I looked at one yesterday. Terribly overpriced, but it reminds me of the 95 T-Bird I never should have traded.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Like Greenbird said the 95 has a slightly improved tranny. Other then that there are no differences. I have a 95 and my father has a 94.

Look for milage although the 4.6 can handle quite a bit, test drive them and see how the tranny feels in shifting. If a 94 has had a rebuilt tranny already then that might get rid of the fear about a 94 tranny. If not then who knows. My dads needed a rebuild at 70K. Mine needed a new rear pump seal at only 50K. But a pump seal is a lot cheaper then a rebuild.

The 4.6 is a great choice. We all love the SC. But facing the facts, they are a little expensive to keep up. So the 4.6 has some great potential and will last if taken care of.

Test drive any tbird you are thinking of. Every car is different. They have their own personalities.
good luck,
-Shawn

·
Registered
159 Posts
94 and 95 birds are the same. They changed the body(a little) and intake(5 more torque) in the 96-97 year birds.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
indiana said:
They changed the body(a little) and intake(5 more torque) in the 96-97 year birds.
5? try 15ft-lbs and a good half second in 1/4 mile ETs.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Sorry my mistake, your right 15 torque for the 96-97 birds. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
GreenBird said:

...a good half second in 1/4 mile ETs.
not necessarily.... Ask Jack K, he was there to witness it.

95s can be just as quick as a 97. Mine had only a removed silencer and K&N panel on this run, no other mods at all. They just need the magic "E" code :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts