TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are all 94+ v6 mustang alternators 130amp?

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
Screwloose said:
Are all 94+ v6 mustang alternators 130amp?

they are also the same as the 94+ v6 bird. i assume you are getting ready to do the swap from 75-130?!! big difference. i did it, but still not enough juice at idle!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
93 lx said:

they are also the same as the 94+ v6 bird. i assume you are getting ready to do the swap from 75-130?!! big difference. i did it, but still not enough juice at idle!!:rolleyes:

Yep. I thought I read somewhere that there were 2 different alternators on the v6 mustang (the one with the mach stereo was 130amp) but I guess not.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Screwloose said:

Yep. I thought I read somewhere that there were 2 different alternators on the v6 mustang (the one with the mach stereo was 130amp) but I guess not.

Thanks guys.

Your absolutely correct you did read that somewhere..............I remember seeing it also...

I will check with my friend, who is the head parts guy at the local dealership. Have him check to see if there is more than one part number for the altenators....

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also called O'reilly and asked for a price on a alternator for a 94 mustang with a v6 and they told me there were 2 different ones and they needed a number off the original for the replacement. Of course they only know what the computer tells them. One guy asked me what mods there were for a 302.:rolleyes:

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
Screwloose said:
I also called O'reilly and asked for a price on a alternator for a 94 mustang with a v6 and they told me there were 2 different ones and they needed a number off the original for the replacement. Of course they only know what the computer tells them. One guy asked me what mods there were for a 302.:rolleyes:
who asked you that? I'll slep em. All those guys at o'reilly's know me. I always keep them up to date on the mods on my car too. Cool guys.

THIS guy sells custom brackets to mount the 130amp SC alternator on your 5-OOOOOH.

-Thomas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts