TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boost gauge is sitting a little left of top center and won't move in either direction.There is definitely boost.Just bought the car and was trying to sort out the small problems.I'm the 3rd owner 119,000.And have about 2 inches or paperwork to go through to see what was done to car.Car runs and drives great,it was about a 40 mile trip to get it home.Great car!Don't know if my 5.0 is gonna be around for awhile now. Thanks

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
There's a vacuum line that feeds the gauge - one end connects behind the cluster and the other end on the plenum (return plenum I think?) My guess is that it came off on the plenum.

-Melon

EDIT: Did a search on SCCoA - it is on the return plenum, it's #4 for the factory line hookup.

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
I hadn't heard that about membership, but you can still go, register, and post on the forums.

-Melon

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 95 SC also had that problem develop. In my case the vacuum/boost hose was connected securely at both the gauge and the manifold. However, the plastic hose had touched hot metal in the engine compartment and melted a small hole in the hose.

I spliced the hose to remove the melted section, and the problem is fixed.

Just another possibility to consider.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
When I first picked up my 94 SC, the Boost / Vac gauge line was broken in the engine compartment. The only way to really fix it was to Replace it with an unbroken line.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks guys.I'll have a go at it this long weekend along with a few other things i need to sort out.
(edit) It was the hard line,gauge works now.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Wouldn't recommend, but this is what I did: cut a slightly larger hard vacuum line, slide the smaller broken pieces into it and duct taped it....it worked for over 4 years. :rolleyes:

I had honestly forgot about it...I was going to just replace it, but it never seemed to leak enough to make any difference!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Might want to check your engine mounts also.

Not sure on late model but on earlier yrs that vac line is barely sized in length to plenum.
If motor is rolling because of broken mount it could pull line off repetitively.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Hi guys.Fixed a few rattles on the car,checking up on a couple codes.And generally going thru car front to rear,to check her out.
Still trying to figure out overdrive button(but car is in overdrive).
I'll check out the motor mounts,I have a whole bunch of paper work on the car(The guy kept good records)all the usual trouble spots have been replaced or fixed but no receipt for mounts.http://profile.imageshack.us/user/swanm/ And i'm patiently waiting on my Ebay ford book so i can dig deeper into the car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts