TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I own a 94 tbird Lx V8, I want to install the bumper lights that come on when the blinker is on. I think there from a 89-83. Is this possible and how. Thanks...

Also, My mirrors and roof lights stopped working. I checked the fuses and there good. Anyone know why this is happening...

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,340 Posts
If you look inside your bumper cover there's markings molded into it telling where to cut and drill the holes for the lights, for some reason Ford kept those even after the option was dropped.

As for the wiring, you'll have to add it between the switch and lights since it's not prewired. the multifunction switch has two unused spaces in the connector going plugged into it, and these are for cornering lights(left/right) so if you can find a doner connector pigtail to pull the individual pins out and plug them into your connector you're good to go. It's up to you how you want to run them up front, easy way is run them through a grommet directly or open up the wiring harnesses(dash and engine compartment) and tuck them neatly inside with the inline terminals added.

·
Super Moderator
5,082 Posts
One thing Matt forgot to mention was that you'll also have to change the multi function switch to supply the signal. This isn't a problem - the cornering lights were an option on the Crown Vic, and the non-cornering MFS was the same on the Crown Vic and the Tbird/Cougar, so ...

RwP

·
Super Moderator
5,082 Posts
Is it?

I remembered that the CV had two different ones.

My bad.

RwP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts