Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
looking to swap the following parts

to my 93 5.0 with the ****ty auto seatbelts,

will the following parts from my 94 4.6 work on the 91 5.0 t bird

electric fan

front bumper, rear

interior panels just to get rid of the auto seat belts? is there still a threaded plug in the pillar even though i have the auto seats belts? if so i will just break that crap off and cover it with a normal panel

and irs

·
Super Moderator
16,978 Posts
Simple answer...

Yes, yes, yes, and yes

Are they a direct swap?

almost, you need to some wiring to control the fan(obviously)

yes, bumpers are a direct swap, you'll need the hood and headlights from a 94/5 as well(or hood headlights and header panel if you go the 96/7 route). You might need the front bumper foam if you have the stock (non SC) 91 front end.

The interior, not exactly, there needs to be some rewiring to the dash harness to make it work, there also needs to be some modification to the cowl mounting points to make it bolt on. Every other panel will bolt/clip right on. As for the seatbelts there needs to be some fabrication to mount the part of the seatbelt on the pillar, i cant remember exactly what has to be done. Search for threads by Racecougar and jk69cat, both have done the early to late interior and seatbelt swaps.

Yes the IRS is the same between the two, so they swap. BUT it can be a pain to get the whole thing out. Unless its breaking apart from rot, its not worth swaping as a whole.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i had the black magic mustang fan on there total junk always over heated replaced everything they had to send me,

so i need the hood from a 94 ,95 to use the bumper?

also i am bracing irs and painting it to get rid of the tac welds and , box it

·
Registered
34 Posts
You can buy an aftermarket fan control. When I converted my 91 V6 to to a 5.0 I used the electric fan out of a 95 Mustang Gt. I used and 30A aftermarket relay kit, with an adjustable thermostat. I monitored the coolant temp it came on at and adjusted the thermostat setting accordingly. Simple and easy using about $20 worth of parts from my FLAPS.

·
The Parts Guy
7,305 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts